Mayor’s Healthiest Workplaces
Mayor’s Health and Fitness Awards – Healthiest Workplaces
Is your workplace the healthiest place to work in Austin? The most innovative? Compete to find out! To compete for any of the following awards, workplaces must first be Mayor’s Health and Fitness Council Certified (Bronze, Silver, or Gold certification levels qualify).
- Mayor’s Healthiest Workplace: For-profit or Non Profit*
- Mayor’s Healthiest Workplace: School District or Government Organization
- Most Innovative Wellness Program
* This award will be provided in each of the following size categories:
- Under 50 (less than 50 employees)
- Small (50-249 employees)
- Medium (250-499 employees)
- Large (500-4,999 employees)
- Extra Large (>5,000 employees)
How are awards determined?
The Mayor’s Healthiest Workplace Awards will be determined by combining the following scores:
- Most recent partner certification score the workplace received. Must have been received within 2 years. Up to 100 points possible.
- Bonus points. Workplaces that are certified at the Silver level receive 10 bonus points and worksites at the Gold level receive 20 points.
- Community engagement and Innovation question points. Up to 35 points possible.
- The Innovation Award is determined by Question #4 on the Community engagement and Innovation Questionnaire.
Can I apply for MHFC Partner Certification and the Mayor’s Healthiest Workplace awards at the same time?
Yes – organizations that are seeking MHFC Partner Certification and participating in the Mayor’s Healthiest Workplace awards can apply for both programs by submitting the combined online application found on this page. Please note the MHFC Partner Certification application supporting documentation requirements found on the Get Certified page; applications are not considered completed until supporting documentation is submitted.
What is the application deadline?
To be considered for the 2018 Mayor’s Health and Fitness awards, applications are due by close of business on July 31, 2018. Applications received after this date will be considered for the 2019 awards.
When will awards be given out?
Awards will be given out at a yearly awards ceremony. The 2018 Mayor’s Health and Fitness Awards Ceremony is tentatively scheduled for September 2018.See All Healthiest Workplace Winners
Thank you to St. David’s Foundation for making this year’s Mayor’s Heath & Fitness Awards possible!